Innisfree Poetry Journal welcomes submissions of original, previously unpublished poems year round. We accept poems for consideration only via email from both established writers and new writers whose work is excellent. We publish well-crafted poems, whether in free verse or in traditional forms, poems grounded in the specific, which speak in fresh language and telling images. And we admire musicality: we welcome those who, like the late Lorenzo Thomas, “write poems because I can’t sing.”
- January 31 for the spring issue
- July 31 for the fall issue
Submit only once per issue.
- In one document, submit a 3rd person bio and up to five poems attached to an email addressed to editor@Innisfreepoetry.org. We accept doc, docx, pages, and rtf files.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. If a poem is accepted elsewhere, however, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive the semi-annual announcement of the new issue’s publication, and for that purpose only, please click here: https://www.freelists.org/list/Innisfreepoetryjournal.
By submitting your poems, you assure that they are your own original creation and that they been neither published previously nor accepted for publication electronically or in print.
By accepting a poem, Innisfree acquires first publication rights, including the right to publish it online and maintain it there as part of the issue in which it appears, to make it available in a printer-friendly format, and to make the issue of Innisfree in which it appears downloadable as a PDF document. All other rights revert to the poet after online publication of the poem in the Innisfree Poetry Journal.